6/21/24

Back to fibre

 I set up most of our devices with fibre and a new modem yesterday, its surprising how many we have now that rely on an internet connection, probably 8+

The speeds are much better. I'm paying for 300 Mbps down and 100 Mbps up. Though I'm getting a little better than that in fact. If I wanted I could get 1GBps + but I don't see much point since I don't play games online much. With the wireless I got half that and the delay for downloads was noticeable

It's kind of weird that 2degrees asked me to go wireless to free up the fibre for other people. I did save a poultry $20 monthly. But we got fed up with outages. Then Chorus (the people that provide fibre) asked me to go back to fibre and offered me $400 to do so. As I was in the process of changing anyway I accepted their offer.

Have to go...

2 comments:

I can't wait to hear your advice.

What famous atheists have said on their death beds...

Founder of the Church Of Satan, the famous satanist, Anton Szandor LaVey’s  last death bed words were, “Oh my, oh my, what have ...